The Health & Pharmacy Services Management department provides training, mentoring and technical assistance to strengthen health care and pharmacy management practices and systems.
Who We Are
The Aurum Institute Health & Pharmacy Services Management department is managed by Dr Petra Kruger – Technical Director: Health & Pharmacy Services. The focus of the Health & Pharmacy Services Management is to develop leadership and management capacity to plan, organise, lead and control their teams for improved service delivery.
Dr Petra Kruger - Technical Director: Health & Pharmacy Services
Dr Petra Kruger graduated with a medical degree from the University of the Witwatersrand in 1992 and began her career as a Mine Medical Officer at Gold Fields Limited. Discovering an innate ability to conceptualise, create and implement organisational systems, she assisted in scaling up the company’s Occupational Health services. As an independent consultant, she continued to set up and run Occupational Health services in mining- and construction sector companies over the next few years.
What We Do
Management Development Programme (MDP): The Aurum MDP teaches the basics of classic management theory, using the client’s standard procedures and forms where applicable, to provide an SETA-accredited qualification. Each training module is followed by individual contact sessions to mentor and support individuals in implementing the management practices learned.
- Download MDP for Health Service Managers
- Download MDP for Pharmacy Service Managers
- Download MDP for Managers of Community Based
Consulting services & technical assistance in developing and strengthening health and pharmacy management practices and systems.
- Facilitation of business & operational planning; and of team goal alignment
- Technical assistance for implementing pharmacy information technology and distribution systems
- Coaching & mentoring for senior managers
Orientation Programme for Community Governance Forums of public health facilities. This 2-day programme provides training to members of Community Health Forums or Clinic Committees on their roles and responsibilities.
- PEPFAR-CDC Grant for Strengthening Systems in Department of Health (DOH): The HSM team provides management development for Primary Health Service Managers in 6 District Health Services of the Gauteng, Limpopo, North-West and Western Cape provinces.
- PEPFAR-CDC Grant for Strengthening Systems in Department of Correctional Services (DCS): The HSM team provides technical assistance and management development to Primary Health Service Managers and Responsible Pharmacists in all 6 DCS regions, either directly or through its sub-contracted organisations, Right to Care and TB/HIV Care Association.
- PEPFAR-CDC Grant for Human Resources in DOH: The HSM team provided training to 50 Clinic Committees in the Free State province; and with its sub-contractor Accenture, facilitated provincial business planning in the Limpopo and KZN provinces during the 2015-2016 cycle.
- Beyond Zero Grant for Strengthening Systems in DOH: Similarly funded by PEPFAR-CDC, Beyond Zero has contracted The HSM team to provide technical assistance in delivering the MDP in 5 Districts of the Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal provinces.
- Eden District Department of Health: Ongoing mentoring for the MDP Class of 2015 to sustain and embed the improved management practices they learned in the first year of the programme.