The Aurum Institute, Information Communications and Technology Department is responsible for unified communications that will store, retrieve, manipulate, transmit or receive information electronically in a digital form:
- Electronic Systems
- Audio-visual networks/systems
Who We Are
The Aurum Institute Information Communication and Technology Department is managed by Mr Dirk van Schalkwyk – Head of Department : ICT. The Aurum Institute ICT infrastructure services are outsourced to Datacentrix under the management of Andre Potgieter (Service Delivery Manager).
Mr Dirk van Schalkwyk - Head of Department: ICT
Dirk is a dynamic and results-driven professional with over 16 years IT experience including over 10 years of senior management experience within the public health sector. He worked in a technical lead capacity for the hospitals and health services subsidiary of the AngloGold group until 2005 before moving to Aurum.
Dirk holds a BCom degree from UNISA with specialisation in Informatics, and various other industry related certifications including MCP, MCSE and ITIL v3 Foundation
What We Do
OUR STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES ARE TO:
- Establish a robust design and infrastructure
- Promote and drive successful Integration of disparate systems
- Achieve process excellence
- Create a high-performance team
- Enable effective collaboration and productivity
- Develop an ICT Governance Framework